Monday, November 26, 2012

Battle of the sexes: The sacrifices we make

Finally some blog-worthy Scholz shenanigans. And not just one but two in one day. I hope this marks a trend of breaking the cyber-silence.

1) Get out of jail free
On the way home this afternoon, I called Nick so we could figure out who would be picking up the baby.
Nick: You sure are addicted to that baby, rushing home every day to pick her up from daycare.
Me: Yup. But I'd rush home to see you, too, if you were in jail.
Nick: No, you wouldn't. You'd just let me sit there in jail.
Me: She's in baby jail, not real jail. I'd come visit you in baby jail.

2) A labor of love
When discussing the fact that Katie (Nick's sister) is in labor and wondering whether or not she'd get an epidural.
Me: She can do whatever she wants, but I advocate for the epidural. I've been there, and I want the epidural.
Nick: Yeah, me, too. I've been in the room for the pain, and I want the epidural. I love you, but I wouldn't take that pain from you.
Me: What?!
Nick: Yeah, anybody who says that is lying. Or an idiot. I mean, I might fall on a grenade for you, but I wouldn't do that.
Me: So you'd die for me, but you wouldn't live in painful misery?
Nick: Nope. You gotta draw the line somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment