Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The new new normal

Ten months ago we recalibrated normal at the Scholz household when Ellison made her entrance into the world. Yesterday was another big one - Elle's first day at daycare. Frowny face. I'd been dreading it for weeks, but I couldn't deny any longer that the day had come. So Sunday night I packed her little bag. And cried just a little bit. And warned Nick it would only be worse Monday morning.
I cried a little more while I was getting Elle dressed Monday morning. And then a lot in the car on the way there. I held it together long enough to sign her in and explain her routine to the staff. It helped that she was happily bouncing in a little baby thingamajig rather than screaming when I left. I only whimpered a little in the hall and made it to my car before the flood came.
And believe it or not, we both survived. When I picked her up, the staff said she'd had a great first day. Didn't even cry. So yes, that sets the first day crying tally at Ellison 0, mommy 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment