Sunday, December 30, 2012

Battle of the sexes: In sickness and in health

Merry belated Christmas, faithful e-readers. We're back from Connecticut. Pictures and stories of Elle's first birthday, plane ride, snow, etc to follow. But today I want to tell you this tale.

We spent Christmas Day at Nick's mom's house. Towards the end of the day I started feeling a little... green, if you will. I thought it was just all the cookies, cider, etc.

Me: Uh, I am so nauseated.
Nick: Are you pregnant?
Me: Not funny. Hopefully it will pass.

It didn't. But somehow I managed to watch the baby while Nick played video games with his brothers. Then a few short hours later I was puking my guts out in our hotel room. I kept shooing Nick out of the bathroom. I mean, he's already seen me in labor. Let's not add insult to injury here. Fortunately, the emesis (=puking) was short-lived. I felt achy and tired the next day but was at least able to enjoy some more cider at Nick's aunt's house.

Fast forward one more day. Nick thinks he just has a little tummy ache from too much fudge. Ha. He wishes. Now he's puking his guts out in our hotel room.

Me: At least we know it shouldn't last too long.
Nick: Yeah, but now I think I should have felt more sorry for you two days ago.
Me: Yup. But at least I feel appropriately sorry for you.

Because I know you're wondering... Nick is feeling back to himself, and the baby never got sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment