Sunday, December 16, 2012

Hey guess what?!

There's a lot of big events coming up within the next week or so at the Scholz house..

1) Ellison turns 1 year old!
It's hard to believe we've been on this wild ride for a whole year now. But it's true. I'll save my thoughts on baby girl's first year for later in the week on her actual birthday.

2) I am off for Christmas!
I know that technically I was off for Christmas last year, but it doesn't really count since we had just come home from the hospital with our newborn baby. That isn't vacation; it's work. Work is less work than that was. Anyhoo, this will be the first time I'm really, truly off for Christmas since medical school. I was on call or post call every year in residency, so this is going to be such an amazing treat. I can't hardly wait for my nine (9!) days off in a row. How will the hospital survive without me? It turns out that I don't care.

3) All the Zarnow girls will be together for Christmas!
I know we did in fact spend many Christmases together when Laurie and I were kids. But the point is that we haven't all been together at Christmas very often over the last several years, so this will be a treat. I've been telling Elle all week that she needs to get excited because Gramzy (Or is it Gramzie? Mom, which do you prefer?.) and Auntie Laurie will be here on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment