Yesterday was kinda a rough day at the office. No one thing in particular was terrible, but there were lots of little things. And it was a long, long day. But then I came home, and Ellison ran up to me with a leg bear hug. And Archer went crazy in his littler exersaucer thingie, bouncing like a madman and baby-squealing at the top of his lungs. And I picked him up, and with a full-face baby grin, he started nuzzling into my neck like he was digging for gold. And my bad day wasn't quite so bad.
Me: I kinda wish that every once in a while you would get as excited about me coming home as Archer does.
N: You don't mean that.
Me: Oh yes, I surely do.
After all the kiddos were (finally) tucked in their beds, I stood in the kitchen prepping the next day's breakfast and lunch and on and on, oh my. And Nick walked up and stood creepily close on my right side.
And he started bouncing and full-face Joker smiling and making squealing noises that sounded how I imagine a dying hyena might sound. And then he started rubbing his face in my neck and pawing my shoulder and hair.
N: See, you don't want me to get excited like Archer.
Me: [no words. no breathing. just quiet, sustained, oxygen-depriving laughter]
N: See? I told you.
Me: Nooo! [more laughter, less breathing] I meant an adult version of what Archer does! Goober!
N: Nope, that is what you get.
At least it's cute when Archer does it.
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment