Saturday, August 20, 2011

Battle of the sexes: Pink, it's my new obsession

Preface: Gizmo is a girl!

The A/C was fixed Wednesday, so we are out of the hotel and back into our house. Good.

Work has been busy. Very busy. Journal club presentation quite overwhelming. Not as good.

We registered for baby stuff. Very good. As in, muy bueno.

There is so much pink to be had, I don't even know where to begin. Nick on the other hand, doesn't have the same appreciation.

Nick: Why is everything pink?!
Me: Because we're in the baby girl section.
Nick: But, why is everything pink?
Me: Look, here's a purple thing.
Nick: Why is everything pink?!

Upon spying tiny baby Batman onesies in the boy section...
Nick: How come all the good stuff is for boys? How come they don't make this for girls?
Me: They do make good stuff for girls.
Nick: They don't make Batman or Star Wars for girls.
Me: Tell you what. You can put a Batman onesie on her, as long as you also put a giant flower on her head so everyone knows she's a girl.
Nick: Why is everything pink?!

While looking at even more pink things...
Nick: You realize I'm gonna get her Star Wars toys, right? And trucks. Stuff I wanna play with.
Me: You realize, right, that Han Solo and GI Joe will be used to rescue the princesses? And marry Barbie? I mean, Barbie has to marry someone.
Nick: Why is everything pink?!

So you see, everything's coming up (pink) roses in our house. At least as far as I'm concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment