Ay, ay, ay. Today has brought both fantaaaastic and really yicky news. Good news first.
Nick has a job! Hallelujah and yippee-kay-yay! And not just any job, a job at... Schlumberger. Ooooo, aaaah. I've been told that this means something to you if you have any contact with the oil and gas industry. So many thanks for any and every prayer dedicated to Nick and his job search. Like I've been telling him for years, we just had to get back to Texas so good things could start happening!
And now for the rest of the story: Our home's air conditioner died today. A moment of silence please. After some back and forth with the landlord, it looks like somebody will be over sometime tomorrow afternoon to maybe possibly see about starting to get it fixed. That is a reeeeeeally long time to go without A/C when your house feels like an indoor sauna. As in, it went up 8 degrees in less than 2 hours. And I'm not super pregnant, but I'm pregnant enough that I was particularly uncomfortable (translation: particularly whiney). So I'm writing this from the chilly comfort of a hotel room. Yup, Nick, me, Gizmo, Jonesy, Izzy, and Dallas are shackin' up for the night. Wish us luck, folks.
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment