Sunday, September 4, 2011

Say it with food

Not much going on this weekend. Although I feel like I've kept myself busy, I couldn't tell you what I've done. I definitely haven't gotten as far with my next case conference and journal club presentations as I would have liked. But there's always tomorrow because I have Labor Day off for the first time in years! Nick has Labor Day off, too. Since he starts his job Tuesday, I decided a little Pre-Labor Day celebration was in order today. As in, pre-actual holiday and pre-new job.
This "celebration" mostly involved food. I braved the maddening crowd at HEB this afternoon; I'll spare you my long tale of annoyance and woe in the check-out line and get straight to the good stuff. Steak. Lots of steak. And twice-baked potatoes. And asparagus with shallot-garlic butter.

And my man at his new grill.


The fruits of our labor.


And thanks to HEB's strategically designed den of temptation, I got coupon-ed into a package of Oreos with my milk purchase. Which means I'm gonna test that Oreo Fudge bar recipe I favorited so very long ago. I'll let you know how it goes.

P.S. I promise the next blog will not be about food.

P.P.S. Well, not JUST food. I'll talk about something else, too.

P.P.P.S. I just remembered that I never told you how very swimmingly my mint ice cream trial went last month. Deeeelicious. But I don't think it will be worth the decimated mint plant very often. However, I now have a wonderfully smooth ice cream base recipe with cooked (!) eggs that I love. That is all. Good night, and happy Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment