Thursday, September 29, 2011

My own personal Yedi

Hot diggity dog, boys and girls. Today was a good 'un. Not just because I got off twenty minutes early and had pizza and cupcakes for dinner. Or even because it finally rained. A lot.
But because I made a mad crazy, wicked cool diagnosis at work. Well, I didn't actually do the staining of the kidney biopsy that showed the diagnosis, but I definitely called it on the day of admission. "Blah blah medical jargon blah blah. Amyloidosis is equally far-reaching but should also be considered as it would unite her various, seemingly incongruent symptoms. Recommend blah blah more boring medical jargon." It was in my note within two hours of admission. And 12 days later, abracadabra, alakazam!
And let me tell ya, kiddos, it's a rare one. Light chain amyloidosis without a monoclonal paraproteinemia? Whew! This is one of those things that people talk about second-hand; so-and-so from residency said his attending saw one once. But no one ever actually sees with her own eyes! And I did.

That is all. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment