I invited myself to Waco last weekend. More specifically, Angela's house. But more on that later. I also attended my first Baylor football game as an alum. This was an especially nice treat since 1) my friend Mike has nicely located season tickets and 2) Baylor won. And not just won, but got the game called in the third because of a >40 point lead in the midst of an impressive lightning storm. But that isn't the point. The point is this. As we were clambering out of the bleachers just before the half, we passed an adorable little old couple, all dressed in Baylor green and gold.
Me: Excuse me.
Adorable little old man: I hope they didn't charge you an extra ticket! [gesturing at my ever-expanding baby-incubating belly]
Me: Nope. I snuck her in!
ALOM and wife: [genuinely tickled laughter]
I think I made his day. Adorable. Just adorable. I hope Nick and I are that cute when we're old.
w for the win
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment