Lots of stuff happens to me every day, much of which isn't worth blogging. Other stuff is way too big to throw out there into cyberspace. And other stuff is totally blog-worthy (and appropriate), but I simply run out of time. Just like I run out of time to put away laundry. Or paint my last 2 toenails. Both of which I'm neglecting to write this, all while Nick is fussing at me from the bedroom to just go to sleep if I'm as tired as I say I am. So I'll keep the second half short and sweet. Unlike the first half.
I used to call Ellison my favorite baby in the world, but we've had to alter that a bit now that Archer has a right to at least half that title. So Elle and I have a little ritual now - in the car on the way to daycare, at the dinner table, in the tub, where ever.
Me: Ellison, you're my favorite little girl...
E: In da werd! [in the world]
Guys, it's just perfect. She points out toward the wild blue yonder and gets this huge smile that scrunches up her whole face. The smile of a little girl who knows she is loved absolutely and unconditionally. And it makes her happy. And now, at the risk of sounding really super cheesey (which somehow seems not as bad when I'm sleep-deprived = almost always these days)... it's been a real lesson to me about how our Heavenly Father views us.
God: Bethie, you're my favorite little girl...
OK, cheese-tastic moment over. I'm going to bed. Good-night, all.
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment