Sunday, August 29, 2010

Decisions, decisions

Today is my last day of freedom, for a little while at least. No more weekends off next month, so I have to squeeze every last drop of weekendiness from today. Here's the plan.
1) Go to church. Check.
2) Catch up on emails. Check.
3) Eat dessert. Check and check again. Banana cupcakes with cream cheese icing AND ice cream with homemade hot fudge sauce. (Come over sometime and eat my hot fudge sauce; you will never buy the jarred stuff again. Moving on.)
4) Shop. Check as of yesterday. Banana Republic had a few great finds on the clearance rack, and Nick let me have a short interlude during Nick Appreciation Day (more on that later this week).
5) Cook. Check. Carrot soup, which I made today to eat Tuesday because everyone knows soup is better if you let it sit overnight so the flavors can meld, but I'm going out for dinner tomorrow so will be unable to eat or cook said soup tomorrow evening. Therefore, I cooked soup tonight to eat Tuesday.
6) Work out. Half a check. I walked Izzy this morning but am trying to find my motivation for some Pilates tonight. Maybe if I do Pilates, I can reward myself with more hot fudge sauce. That's how it works, right?
7) Read. Check, like three times over just this afternoon. Bible (I finally finished Job, woohoo!). How to Talk to a Liberal if you Must (Ann Coulter). One Day (David Nicholls).
8) Blog. Almost check. This is the part where I announce the winner of the Shoe War from last week. In a stunning eleventh-hour upset, these lovely cream Cole Haan pumps won out thanks to a fab deal on ebay.
More than you wanted to know about my day, huh? Coming blog attractions this week: Fed's bridal shower, Nick Appreciation Day, and new recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment