My elective rotation has given me the luxury of weekends off. Can you even imagine? Two days off in a row every week for a whole month! Aaaahh! What do I even do with myself?
This post will eventually get there. But first the backstory.
My college roommates Angela and Cassandra are two of my bestest-estest friends. Ever. Period. They've loved me since way back when, even when I wasn't the effervescent ball of lovability I am today. But that's not the point. The point is that we had the luxury of frequent visits and time together during my med school years because of our weddings. Dave + Angela went first followed by Nick + Beth after first year, then Sean + Cassandra after third year. Faced with the prospect of impending social isolation in residency, I had the brilliant beyond brilliant idea for a roommate reunion not attached to a wedding shortly before my graduation. Well we all planned it, but I think it was my idea. Again, that's not the point.
What I've been trying to get to with the last 186 words is that after 2 years, we were long overdue for roommate reunion part II, aka RR2. Since Cassandra is approximately 14 months pregnant, she got the swing vote (I don't think that term means what I want it to mean, but eh, whatever.); therefore, Angela and I shall trekk to the exotic far-away land of the northern Dallas suburbs. And this, faithful readers, is where I'm spending my first weekend of glorious freedom.
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment