Saturday, January 29, 2011

Close to home

Sorry, but I don't have any funny anecdotes or self-righteous indignation today. But I do want to ask for your prayers for my best friend Jen. You see, she moved to Egypt two years ago to teach at an American school there. Her mother, some other friends, and I were terrified, but she was oh so excited. And she's had a great time travelling the world and whatnot.
Until this week.
Thankfully, she moved over the summer from to a fairly suburban area. Her old neighborhood is swarming with protestors right now. But even so, she lives across from a mosque, which brings some undesired action to her street. I haven't heard much from her what with the shutdown of the internet, but her last post commented that she's moved to an upstairs apartment because of gunfire in the street.
I've been confessing with my mouth that I trust the Lord will keep her safe and then asking Him to help me overcome my unbelief.
Please pray for Jen - for her safety, for peace, for wisdom and discernment about what to do, especially in regards to if and when to consider evacuation.
I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment