Sunday, January 9, 2011

Gettin' my craft on

Let's take a moment to remember December... A month when I had no overnight call, weekends off, and lots of time to do whatever I wanted. And by "whatever I wanted," I mean baking, shopping, and scrapbooking. Aah, those were the days. Let's look at some highlights, shall we?
It's been a while since I've dedicated a page to my furry little pet children, so I corrected that deficit. Dallas was a little hurt that she wasn't included because like the baby of any family, she just can't fathom that anything happened in the world before she came along. But these pictures pre-date her, so she'll just have to wait until my next consult month, when I plan to do a page about bringing her home.
I had saved our moving announcement with the specific intention of doing a page, which I have finally completed. I think I felt pressured to get this done before I design our next moving announcement for the address change back to Texas. This is one of my favorite pages that I've done. I like all the papers so much (giant polka dots make me happy), and I was able to use lots of things I've just had sitting around in my scrapbook box, which made the whole thing feel like a great bargain.

And with that, I finally finished the scrapbook chronicling my fourth year of med school. And when I say finally, I mean that I've been working on it for almost three years now. So now I get to start a new one. Yay! I recently bought a really ugly scrapbook on sale with the intention of re-covering and decorating it. After much debate with myself, I picked fabrics and ribbon and formulated my game plan. After a brief fight with my sewing machine and a much lengthier one with my glue gun, I present my latest creation! I like it very much.

Alright, people. Nothing else to see here. Move along. Time for me to get to work.

P.S.I just updated my blog so that the pictures will enlarge if you click on them. About time, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment