Sunday, July 17, 2011

Battle of the sexes: dinner time

Nick and I eat fast. Kinda like he walks fast, and I type fast, and we both make decisions fast. In fact, he's been known to put his fork down on his clean plate, look at my plate with a few bites left, and declare, "I won!"
Now here's an excerpt from tonight's dinner conversation when I finished my bowl of soup first.

Nick: Wow, that was fast. Did you even taste your food?
Me: What? You only have like three bites left. Besides, I'm disappointed in the recipe and didn't feel the need to savor it.
Nick: Yeah, whatever.
Me: And hey, how come when you finish your food first you win, but when I finish first I'm inhaling it?
Nick: I don't make the rules of the games, Beth. I just win them.

No comments:

Post a Comment