Wednesday, July 6, 2011

When life hands you bananas

I found a steal on bananas at HEB last weekend. Like a gazillion of them for $0.72. Well, maybe not a gazillion. But 4 lbs at least. Insane, right? So what does one do with all those bananas. In the last 4 days, I've made...
smoothies
banana chocolate chip cupcakes
more smoothies
banana cream pie
yet more smoothies
Hmm. I am banana-ed out. I'm not even sad that the last six are passing the overripe stage and getting rotten so I have an excuse to toss them. Although banana ice cream still sounds good. I think I know what's for dessert tonight! Anyone wanna come over?

1 comment:

  1. Um, HELLO! You freeze them just before they hit that stage. Geez.

    And do you have that chocolate chip banana recipe scanned? I want to send it to a friend, but mine is in Cairo. The PB icing too please. :)

    And also, your daily puppy looks like a Koby dog.

    ReplyDelete