Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hello, fellow

Good news, guys. One week in, and I don't hate my job. This is meant to be a positive statement, by the way. Nothing about the first week was particularly terrible, but the newness of it all still left me a little overwhelmed and stressed out. So I'm not ready to commit that I love or even like my job just yet.
But I don't hate it.
I don't hate that 7:30 am is my "early" day. Remember when I was an intern and semi-routinely arrived at the hospital between 4:30 and 5:00?
And I don't hate not admitting patients. People in clinic may be sick, but everyone is well enough to go home. Anyone who isn't gets admitted by someone else. I'll "follow along."
I surely don't hate skipping the health maintenance part of clinic visits from my days as a PCP. You know, the part where I tell you to stop doing everything you think is fun and start doing everything that isn't. Like smoking, drinking, eating fast food, eating vegetables, taking your pills, getting your colonoscopy, exercising, yes you have to take the pills every day for them to work. You get the picture.
I can't imagine I'll hate working one out of every six weekends. Two days off in a row for five straight weeks? And they're still paying me?! Suckers.
And above all I don't hate sleeping in my own bed every night. Now Nick might have a different opinion about that one (good-bye, days of q4 bachelor freedom), but this isn't about him, now is it?
Hmm. I think I'm not going to hate this at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment