Friday, July 15, 2011

Bethie the invalid

I should probably preface this post with an announcement. I am pregnant. I think most of you know that already, but just in case. Anyhoo. I told you that to tell you this...

I met up with my co-fellow this evening for the weekend pager hand-off. She told me about our consult peeps, and then she needed to show me where something was. I picked up the tackle box (full of syringes and steroids and stuff for our injections) since my call technically started at 5:00pm, which made it my tackle box. By the way, this is lighter than my purse.

Co-fellow: No, I can carry that.
Me: Why?
Co-fellow: Because, you're...
Me: I'm what?
Co-fellow: You're... heavy with child!
Me: What?! No, I am not. I will be eventually. In three months, I'll let you carry the tackle box.
Co-fellow: OK, ok.
Me: Heck, in three months, I'll let you push me around in a wheelchair!
Co-fellow: Yeah, we'd do that.
Me: Oh my goodness, no you're not.

I'm pregnant, not broken!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, congratulations Beth! That's great news!

    If you decide that you absolutely MUST travel at or near term, at least come up my way so I can deliver you when you inevitably labor. ("I had no idea this could happen... my due date's two weeks away! Prenatal records? Why would I have that info with me??")

    Just kidding, I know you wouldn't be one of those patients.

    LaKedra

    ReplyDelete