Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Life of pregnant Bethie: going places

You wouldn't believe how much people like talking to pregnant ladies. I mean, it's insane. Everywhere I go, everybody wants to ask me about my gestating fetus. First of all, I'm flattered that the rest of me is skinny enough that even dudes are willing to risk it and ask me about it rather than worrying that I'm just "big-boned" and not mentioning anything.

Today my incubating uterus was addressed by:
Patient #1
My program director
Patient #2
Patient #3's daughter
Cashier at Michael's

I have also been approached by random people waiting in line at the check-out with me at various stores. And pretty much every female store clerk I encounter. And everyone wants two things. To tell me their stories and to ask the same questions. In fact, I'm thinking of making a T-shirt:

Yes I'm pregnant:
January
Firstborn
Girl
Ellison

Yes, I do think I could fit all that on one shirt. I have a lot of prime billboard space in front these days. Pictures to come soon. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment