Monday, October 24, 2011

Under construction

I hate loose ends, don't you? And I know I've left a couple of them dangling out there in Blogger-land. Particularly regarding: 1) my selection of pink for Gizmo's room and 2) what I did with all that time at Angela's house a few weekends ago. Well, I seek today to rectify that situation and give you some closure.

Watermelon pink it is, and it's perfect. Just perfect.

I learned lots of crafty things. Specifically, I learned how to make rolled fabric flowers and lots of scrapbooky stuff. But this post is about Gizmo's room, so here are the fruits of that labor and then some. A sneak peak, if you will.

An old dresser, refinished via Mod-Podging tissue paper to the drawers. My least favorite thing, but it's growing on me.

Moving on to the better stuff...

Refinished end table. For whatever reason turned out way better than the dresser.


Ribbon board, for clipping photos, hair bows, etc. Sooooo cute!


Shelf on the wall above the changing table. Just lacks a pink and lime green polka dot teapot. That may or may not be sitting in Elle's room, wrapped up waiting for my baby shower. Thanks, Mom!


And last but not least... we got a baby present in the mail from our friends who themselves just had a baby. I put in on the registry because everyone talks about how it's the greatest thing ever, but can I be honest? I don't really know what one uses a "Boppy" for. If you know, don't tell me. I want to figure it out for myself. I'm stubborn that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment