Thursday, July 12, 2012

Battle of the sexes: Survival of the fittest

We've been on a smoothie kick at our house lately. I tell you that to tell you this:

Nick: I need to get some more flavors of protein powder for the smoothies.
Me: Why do you need flavored protein powder?
Nick: Because the recipes call for them.
Me: Can't you just use plain in all of them?
Nick: No, it makes a difference.
Me: Well how many flavors of protein powder do they even make?
Nick: Oh, lots. Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, maybe lime...
Me: Mm-hmm. So protein powder to you is kinda like shoes to me? I need lots of different kinds and colors for lots of different outfits, but you don't get it. Like I don't get why you need so many protein powders.
Nick: Nope, not the same at all.
Me: Uh, yes, my dear. It is.
Nick: Nope. This is about survival. You get stuck on a dessert island, you could put this in water and stay alive. You can't eat shoes.
Me: No, but I would barter with the natives and trade my shoes for food. So shoes can be for survival, too.

I think I make a valid point. Nick remains unimpressed. To each his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment