I think most of you have heard my thoughts on running. How much I hate it. How I only run if I'm being chased. Many of you have also heard my rule that you can't hate something until you're good at it. The latter was inspired by my time in the MICU.
Cyber-friends, I had an unfortunate realization last night.
I hate running. I'm bad at running. By my own rule, I'm not allowed to hate running.
I'm not a fan of making myself a hypocrite, so here's my plan. I have to get my body to the point where I can run 3 miles. I haven't decided yet if I'll let myself take a break at the halfway point. Kinda depends over how many weeks this ends up dragging out. Once I accomplish that amazing feat of athleticism, I'm allowed to hate running. Or maybe I'll fall in love with it and sign up for a half maraton.
Muwahahahaha!! Oh, that's funny. I kill myself. Half marathon. Ha! I'm at 1.5 miles right now, so don't hold your breath. I'll keep ya posted.
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment