I thought you might be entertained by the occasional glimpse into the psychology of the Scholz marriage. Below are the usual trains of thought of both Nick and myself when picking out our clothes. This happened pretty much as described yesterday.
Nick: What should I wear? It's hot. Shorts. Huh, I'm already wearing shorts. A t-shirt. Huh, I'm already wearing a t-shirt. Done.
Beth: What should I wear? Well, wonder what Anna will be wearing. I know she had to be at the hospital this morning, so she might still be dressed in work clothes. Or maybe she went home to change. Well, I'm already wearing this green shirt. And it's hot, so shorts would be good. But I always get cold in movie theaters, so I should wear pants. These jeans would look good, but they're too long to wear with the flats I already have on. So I need heels. My toenails aren't painted, so I need to either paint them or wear close-toed shoes. Hmm, I wouldn't have time to let new polish dry, so I better wear close-toed shoes. Dang it, these shoes are too nice to go with a plain green shirt. Hmm... Maybe I should change into this sheer white shirt. I wonder how it would look with the jeans. I'll try it over the green shirt before I commit to changing. Huh, I kinda like how this looks over the green shirt. Maybe I'll just wear it like this. Should I leave the few top buttons undone? Done? Undone? Undone. I need a necklace. Super long beads? No. Other super long beads? No. Diamond pendant? No. Oh, yeah! My dark green chunky bead necklace. I really like that thing, but I never get to wear it. Ooo! It looks really good with this. Earrings? Maybe the wooden dangly ones? No, too much. No earrings. But I always wear earrings. No, still too much. No earrings. Watch, on. Wedding band, on. Engagement ring, on. My diamond isn't as sparkly as usual. I should really clean it. I wonder if I have time to clean it. Yeah, I can. OK. Look in the mirror, over the sink first. Yes, good enough. Now full length mirror. OK, still good enough. From the side. Gee, I wish I could keep my stomach flat. But as good as it's gonna get tonight, I guess. OK. OK. OK. Done.
w for the win
10 years ago
Sounds familiar!! :)
ReplyDelete