First off, I worked out Friday morning for the first time in a couple weeks, which means that my workout Sunday was extra painful. And no, I don't have a good medical explanation for why the second workout hurts more than the first. However, I think Sunday's pain was more secondary to my silly decision to take both Izzy and Dallas for a walk all by my lonesome. Overall, they do so well, but they fall into a vicious positive feedback cycle of worked-uppedness when they see another dog that is exponentially worse than when they're separate.
After said walk and workout, Sunday was a mad, mad whirlwind of cleaning because... Mike and Kristen come today! Two days prior to company, Nick and I always repeat the same ritual of whipping our house into shape, and much to my delight, I have fooled most of you into thinking my house looks like that all the time! My biggest accomplishment this go-round was sifting through a hundred or so medical journals and clipping only the one article from each I am most likely to read during a spell of motivation. I then promptly filled that hard-earned space on the bookshelves with the stacks of books that had previously been piled next to the bookshelves. I didn't make it to my desk, which has always been and always will be my Achilles heel of cleanliness. Like Scarlet O'Hara, I will just think about it tomorrow.
I might have made it to the desk this time, were it not for an overwhelming desire to scrapbook after seeing Angela's albums last week. I completely strained my right brain, but I managed to finish a couple pages. If you promise not to laugh, I'll share one.
Well, that's about it for today, folks. Maybe I'll tackle the desk in the next 20 minutes before the Stewarts arrive. Or maybe not.
That looks great! How did you do the "LOVE"?
ReplyDelete