Dinner tonight was broccoli turkey casserole. A casserole just seems like the thing to do when trying to use up leftover anything, especially Thanksgiving turkey. So I perused recipes but sadly lacked a couple ingredients for any of them. So I went crazy, willy nilly style in the kitchen, and just... Made. It. Up. And you guys know what a rule-follower I am. The recipe is king. But not today.I decided to prepare a response just in case Nick thought it was gross:
(Apologetically, with my eyebrows raise and nose crinkled)
Yeah, I just made it up. Entirely from stuff we already had open or leftover. I mean, it's based loosely on a few different recipes, but I kinda winged it. I really threw it together in like 15 minutes.
Now imagine Nick really liked it, which by the way he did. Read the same statement above, but imagine my head cocked haughtily to the side with a nonchalant shrug of one shoulder.
The spin doctor is in the house.
w for the win
11 years ago
We made these tonight in an effort to get rid of the turkey... DELISH!
ReplyDeletehttp://joyful-mommas-kitchen.blogspot.com/2011/09/white-chicken-enchiladas.html