Yeesh. I'm finally home. This Thanksgiving call was proving not just easy but downright peaceful until this afternoon. Then I got a call from a team wanting help managing a steroid dose. Apparently they forgot the second commandment of rheumatology: Don't muck with the steroids. Oh, I should probably mention that this man has been admitted for almost two weeks. But they didn't want help with the steroids Monday through Friday between 8am and 5pm. No, it occurred to them to ask for my help Saturday afternoon over a holiday weekend. Two hours of chart-sifting and family-calling and other-doctor-calling later, my answer is still... don't muck with the steroids.
Bah humbug. I think I need some hot chocolate and sewing and maybe even chocolate for dinner. That will make my bad day better. Hopefully I'll have pictures of baby room curtains to post soon!
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment