Have you noticed the plethora of "thankful" postings on Facebook, blogs, etc? Everybody's doing it, which got me thinking I should do it, too. My wave of gratitude is really tied to a very sad situation I saw in clinic yesterday morning. I don't want to make you sad, too, so suffice it to say that at least one of the things on my list was inspired by my interaction with this woman. Don't worry; I have no intention of getting sentimental.But I do have a lot for which to be most supremely thankful. So here goes:
1) my husband for loving me every day even when I don't make it easy
2) my work because I will always be employable somewhere, even if that somewhere is Wichita Falls
3) Izzy and sometimes Jonesy and even sometimes Dallas for the playful joy, unswerving loyalty, and hours of free entertainment they give us
4) my health because I have too much to do to be slowed down by sickness
5) Reese's peanut butter cups because sometimes I just can't decide between chocolate and peanut butter
6) my little gestating Gizmo soon to be known as Ellison Avery because I love her already and really want a baby even though I can't think of a single logical reason why
7) the organic chemistry lab that taught me not to be scared of baking because even though it was horrible I wouldn't have my favorite hobby without it
8) Cole Haan shoes because they really are more comfy with those amazing Nike Air soles and I really can stay on my feet longer without getting whiney
9) my family because for better or for worse they made me who I am, cowlick and all
10) all the dear, dear friends who loved me along the way while I became who I am - you should each get your own spot on the list! (Shout out especially to Jen, Angela, Cassandra, Mike and Kristen, the other Mike, Meagan, and the other Kristen! I'm sure I'll remember someone else later, and I'm sorry, and I love you!)
11) prayers that get answered just before I'm about to give up
12) that dreaded Tuesday night shift at Cricket's seven (seven!) years ago, when I met my Mr. Right (see #1 above)
I could keep going, but I think that covers the high points. Happy Thanksgiving!
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment