Sunday, September 12, 2010

Insane in the membrane

I have a confession to make. If I were totally honest,the kind of honest you can only be when you're sleep-deprived punch-drunk and not looking anyone in the eye, I'd confess that I like Morgan (the general medicine service). People whine and complain about the work and how it's a dumping ground for the hospital's refuse, but I just can't help myself. I like general internal medicine. Did you hear that, world?
I LIKE GENERAL INTERNAL MEDICINE! I like finding heart murmurs. And googling "MAGIC syndrome"** in the middle of the night. And ordering pizza with my intern. And teaching my medical students to tie sutures.
That being said, I sure am tired today after call last night. Those two (count 'em, two!) admissions at 3am sure were brutal. Rheumatology still sounds like a mighty fine plan to me. I just needed to get this off my chest... I may be crazy, and you can judge me if you want; but, there are actually days when I like my job. And today is one of them.

**mucosal and genital ulcerations with inflamed cartilage - No, he didn't have it after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment