Today was a long one. Eventful and long. Oh, if only I could tell you everything! Tales involving patients, attendings, and other residents involved in comical mishaps and heart-wrenching tragedy. OK, so that may be exaggerating a bit, but honestly, I've been on the verge of tears (both angry and sad) at least three times today.
But most unfortunately, in the interest of my long-term career viability, I dare not repeat that which I have seen, heard, and spoken. I know, what a let-down. The motto of the day is "polite but firm." I will go so far as to allude to the fact that I can't fix crazy, also known as "there is no reasoning with the unreasonable." If I tell you demonstrable, objective, reproducible medical facts, and you call me a liar, I just don't what there is left to do. I really don't. Especially if you cross your arms, roll your eyes, and refuse to talk to me when you are 38 YEARS OLD! I guess we're done here then. The best I can offer is to repeat myself over and over again (firmly and politely every time) until I'm blue in the face or one of us gives in. And I'll warn you now, I don't give in.
OK boys and girls, it's almost my bedtime. Gotta get my beauty rest so I can get up and do it all over again tomorrow. Good night and good luck.
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment