Thursday, September 30, 2010

A time for everything (all at once)

Aaah! Busy day. I was planning on having today off, but that went by the wayside yesterday. (Long, uninteresting story.) So I am now cramming everything I had planned into the afternoon. At least I left work early.
Digression: I almost won the game today, which means discharging all your patients. However, psych balked at a transfer to the pysch hospital. They say he's delirious (a medical problem); I say he's psychotic (a psychiatric problem). You say tomato, I say tomahto. Let's call the whole thing off. Which they did, most unfortunatlely for me.
Back in the game: I have already rounded, written notes, discharged my lady, signed out, and finished morning report.
Digression #2: Tomorrow is my LAST Vanderbilt morning report EVER!! Morning report is where one resident presents a case, another resident tries to work through it out loud, and then the first resident gives the answer and does a little presentation thingie on the topic. I've been saving this one for a long, long time. Since this is the last one, it's high time to open the vault and dust it off. DRESS syndrome! Get excited, people!
Back in the game again: I currently have cinnamon roll dough in the bread maker (to make my last morning report even more enticing) and a pumpkin cake in the oven. So that means two batches of icing (cream cheese and buttermilk) as well as dinner: ribeye steaks with baked potatoes and roasted carrots. Yum, right? And all that before book club, for which the pumpkin cake is destined.
Digression #3 (last one, I promise): I am so excited for book club. It feels like something normal people do. Woohoo!
Back in the game: I've got lots to tell you all about, from scrapbook pages to puppy stories to Nick stuff, but I don't think I can cram anything else into this post. More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment