Thursday, October 7, 2010

Back in the habit

I was telling my intern last week about my planned trip to Seattle and how I knew I would get to go shopping with my mom. I asked her if she thought I was too old to let my mom buy me stuff. She replied, "You're never too old to let your mom buy you stuff." And with that indisputable observation, I was persuaded.
After 48 hours in Seattle, I have acquired a foofy flower bracelet, a ruffly shirt, skinny jeans, a shift dress, another ruffly shirt, and a bridesmaid dress. And a chunky pink beaded ribbon necklace, but I have to wait until Christmas for that one. (For as long as I can remember, Mom justifies buying me more stuff by holding some of it hostage until Christmas.)
And do you know what happens after a long day of shopping? You get very, very hungry. How to solve this dilemma, you ask? A swift trip to the nearest Cheesecake Factory, of course. Yum! Old habits are hard to break, so despite toying with the idea of a fling, I decided to remain faithful to my first love Chicken Madeira. But when dessert time rolled around, the waiter tempted me with peanut butter cup chocolate cake cheesecake. Banana cream pie cheesecake and I have had a good, long run over the years, but I decided to take the plunge, live on the edge, go for broke... I tried the Reese's concoction. And my oh my... it was goooooood! Totally worth all the heartburn induced by the stress of breaking my norm.
But I think that is quite enough craziness for one week. Time to get back in my nice, comfy rut, starting with my post-Cheesecake Factory elastic-waist PJs.
Good-night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment