Thursday, October 21, 2010

Road Trippin'

Nick and I actually went on vacation during my vacation last weekend. We spent a day in Washington, DC, and a day in Charlottesville, Virginia. Yes, I know that is a lot of driving. But we had a good time and only argued once or twice the whole time about directions; this represents significant progess in our marriage.
But that isn't the point. We had a really good time in DC. I'd never been, and I felt quite patriotic strolling through the National Mall. My favorite was the Washington Monument. I knew it was tall, but my, oh my! It was an impressive sight to say the least. We also went to the Smithsonian Air and Space museum. Oddly, there were no helicopters there; I only mention this because it precluded Nick from his usual commentary about how all helicopters are good for is crashing. Eh, no matter. He used the lack of helicopters as a segue for the afore-mentioned heckling.
We drove to Charlottesville to see our friends Jeff and Jeanetta, who recently moved there from Nashville for her GI fellowship. We had a blast just hangin' out like old times; the only downer is that it kinda made me wish they'd move back. Their little baby Garrett is growing like a weed and now big enough to grab my hair and scootchie-crawl away with surprising speed.
The best part of any Scholz road trip, however, is the mandatory Dairy Queen pit stop along the way. I got a mint Oreo Blizzard as opposed to my usual plain Oreo Blizzard, and I was quite pleased with my selection. Maybe I'll do a mint brownie for our next vacation - in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment