I almost forgot to tell you about our trip to the park over my vacation. Nashville has many a park and lake for hiking, biking, etc. Now I am no mountain woman, but it would be such a shame not to experience the great outdoors of Tennessee at least a weensy bit before we move. Hence, I scoured the Nashville Parks Department webpage a la Goldilocks for a trail not too hard, not too easy, not too long, not too short. I settled on the blue trail at Percy Warner Park, which purports itself as 2.5 miles of moderate walking/hiking. We wanted to make it a family affair but in the end decided we should only take Izzy. Dallas and Jonesy can have their turns next time; we needed a well-behaved doggie for the first run.
Despite my professed disdain for the outdoors, I actually enjoyed myself. The trail was exactly what it claimed - moderate. The uphill wasn't too bad, with just enough incline to make myself feel simultaneously ashamed and proud of the burn in my legs. Downhill was a little more treacherous though. 
In the end I let Izzy stay a few paces ahead of me since she was better at picking her way through the rocky parts. And I figured if we did start an avalanche, it would be better to let her slide down the hill and hurt herself because she would be way easier to carry back to the car than me. She didn't mind at all; in fact, she had a grand ol' time sniffing and stalking chipmunks and squirrels and birdies, oh my. At the end we were all pooped and very ready to be back in the air-conditioned car. 
I think Izzy lorded her trip over the other two a bit, but hopefully we'll find time to take each of them (not all together - we're not that crazy of dog people) before we move.
No comments:
Post a Comment