Monday, October 18, 2010

Me and Clint Eastwood

Today I bring you three short stories about food.

I. The good
I have made a few delicious things lately. My reputation preceded me to my first day of ID consults. I walked into the work room this morning, bananas foster bread in hand, and the fellow exclaimed, "Oh yeah! You bake a bunch!" At least I'm known for something. Cherry tortoni was a big hit at home. Nick is pretty selective with culinary praise, and this fluffy concoction measured off the Richter scale. I actually got, "Wow. This is really good. Really good. I really like it." Strawberry almond cream tart was pretty good, too. Next time I'll use a regular graham cracker crust instead of the Cooking Light version (needs more butter!), but it was company worthy.

II. The bad
I am saddened to announce the abandonment of Project Cupcake. There were just too many duds. I could blame the first, and even maybe the second, flop on me. But after four busts (peanut butter, chocolate sour cream, butter cake, and I don't remember anymore), I decided to abort mission and divert my culinary energy toward a different target. (See above, "The good.")

III. The ugly
While in Seattle, my sister and I walked past this establishment:
As opposed to the unsanitary public market, perhaps? Or do they have something to prove? I feel like you wouldn't bother to emphasize the sanitary nature of your market unless it was not, in fact, sanitary. I'll stick to Kroger until I find my way home to HEB.

And that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment