I fell off the horse but got back in the sewing saddle, boys and girls. I decided to approach this incredibly difficult straight seam methodically, and change one variable at a time until I figured out what exactly was going wrong. We'll skip the long tale of woe (with more gnashing of teeth) and cut to the part where I realized that the extra bobbins I'd bought were a close but not quite exactly perfect fit for my machine.
Therein lay the source of my frustration!
The situation was quickly resolved by emptying and re-using an old bobbin. Approximately fiften minutes later, we find ourseleves at the end not of a sad tale of woe, but a triumphant legend of victory!
Aren't they lovely? Exactly like I'd imagined in my head.
The pink ribbon tabs put them over the top. I'm still swooning.
I sure hope Elle likes pink!
Very cute!
ReplyDelete