Greetings from the other side of the MICU! It's been just lovely NOT being on call these last 5 days, and I have 3 more weeks of no-call fun still to come before my MICU Christmas tour. But back to the present. Nick packed up his car, took Dallas, and left me earlier this week. No, no, not forever. He's just at Mom's (that's Mom Z to him) for a few weeks to renovate another bathroom.
On the upside, it's been nice in a novel way to have the house to myself for a few days. I go all day without turning on the TV. I try new recipes I know Nick would hate (basically anything with vegetables). And I just spent an hour trying on dresses for the department Christmas party, and no one fussed at me for obsessing and trying multiple shoes on with each dress for a party that isn't even until next weekend!
On the downside, my bed is very cold. I have to go traipsing past the super prickly bush to get to the plug when the Christmas lights go on the fritz. I have no one to whom I can phrase my rhetorical questions, like "What should we have for dinner?" when I already know what I want to make. I have no one to hug, no offense to Jonesy and Izzy.
All said and done, I find myself a bit on the lonely side tonight. Guess I'll just have to take my mind off it, starting with a girl movie marathon. PJs and popcorn, anyone?
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment